1) Anyone can switch electric companies as long as you are not in a co-op. Now if you are not sure if you are in a co-op. Then just type your zip code with each company and if you are in co-op it will not provide pricing. However, if you do get pricing, then you can buy electric from that company.
2) There always two companies involved in electric. One is the company you choose to buy electric from and one is the other one that delivers the electric. AEP Central is the company that owns all the wires and transformers down here in the Valley, and their charge for delivering electricity to you is the same no matter which company you choose to buy your electricity from.
3) There are two costs to considering when buying electric. One is the rate they charge per kWh and the other is if they have a monthly meter or service charge. If it's worth paying this charge depends on your usage and how much you save per kWh with this supplier.
A)So if one company charges 10 cents per kWh and has no meter charge versus one that charges 10 cents per kWh with $7.00 charge. The second one will cost you $84 more per year.
B) Another thing to look at some companies will charge a monthly fee if below a certain usage. For example, a company's state there is a monthly fee $7.00 if 1000 kWh or less a month but over 1000 kWh no monthly fee. So in this case if you average 800 kWh a month you will experience a monthly fee of $7.00 Now if your monthly average is over 1000 kWh, then you will have no fee to worry about.
4) Rates vary by the length of the term. Now if you see a term, 6 months that has a good rate, but you will be moving in 4 months. You can still sign up for the 6 month and cancel the contract when leaving without experiencing a cancellation fee as long as you provide a forward address were you are moving. (Check the cancellation clause in your contract or look for the facts label with each company, and it will tell you) (Any Questions? Call us at 956 381-4446)
5) Most companies will NOT require a security deposit, unless there is a credit issue. Now if there is a credit issue not all companies have the some requirements. So if one asks for a security deposit, the next company may not because their credit requirements are less. Now if all companies are requesting a security deposit you will find not all will require the same deposit. So shop around for the best deal.
6) Prepay Options. We offer SMART Prepaid Electric - The Benefit prepaid plan you can buy as much as you want and no deposit required. Now with Prepay plan you just buy the amount you need for 1,2,3 months (No limit you Buy as much as you want) ! You buy energy by putting money into your account.( Like a savings account ) and then you draw from it and then buy more when needed and put it back into your account. Now if you move you can either get a refund for unused portion or leave it in your account when you return and finish it, then.
7) Payment options. Some companies charge a fee if you pay online or use a credit card. Now if you normally bay by check, then there usually will be no issue. However, if you use other means of paying, then you need to check the company for their payment fees.
Customer Information Center
Why Us? Well we save you time and money !
We empower you by providing excellent informative information in order to give you the real power to choose correctly.
We take great pride in our Commitment to Excellence to provide you valid meaningful information on the
Seven Things you Really Need to Know about Buying Electric for your Home or Business
Although everyone is looking at electric quote for the cheapest electricity in Texas that is no longer the only priority in deciding what is best for your home or business ! You also need to be aware how the terms in the utility companies' contract may affect you, in regarding issue if you are going to move soon, or closing a location, furthermore, you must as well be conscious how to uncover any hidden charges that their representative may not be openly disclosing to you!
Now since deregulation came along, which did have a positive effect of driving down price on Residential electrical rates as well commercial electric rates, it also gave us a lot of new variables to contend with that can be as equally important as the cheapest electricity rates in Texas.
Utility Energy Companies offer a great variety of products in their electric contracts such as fix, swing and variable contracts as well a combination of fixed and variable, and all of them have their own benefits and draw backs to them. So if want to have the power to choose and select the best electric prices and terms in reducing your energy bill on Residential or Commercial energy rates in Texas , and you really don't have the time or patients to call over 110 Utility Energy Companies to find the best energy savings,
Then let us help you and call us toll free to get a FREE quote on electric !!
Ambit Energy, American L & P, AmeriPower, Amigo Energy,Bounce Energy, Brilliant Energy, Cirro Energy, Direct Energy, First Choice Power, Frontier Utilities, Hudson Energy, Reliant, Smart Prepaid, Tara Energy, Texans Energy, TriEagle Energy, TXU